Research on couple relationships

This project is ongoing. Applications are due by July 15, 2024.

The Williamson Lab is looking for undergraduate research assistants to work on multiple ongoing studies of romantic relationships. See the lab website for current studies.

Students from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and we highly value diversity in our research team.

Complete this application for consideration for an RA position:

RAs can earn course credit through the HDF 355R, HDF 359, PSY 357 or another course from your major (pending approval).


Students from any major who are interested in learning about the process of conducting social science research are welcome as RAs.

Students who have taken courses in statistics and data sciences and are interested in getting hands-on experience with data cleaning and analysis are particularly needed.

Students must be organized, responsible, mature, and able to demonstrate success in their coursework (i.e. GPA of at least 3.0).

During the academic year students must enroll for course credit (HDF 355, HDF 359, PSY 357) or be involved in some other research practicum such as ULN or Bridging Disciplines. During the summer students can work as volunteers or can enroll for credit.

Project Timeline

Positions will begin in Summer or Fall 2024 and RAs can continue in the lab for multiple semesters, based on performance. A minimum two semester commitment is strongly preferred.


RA duties are varied and include:

  • Recruiting participants
  • Collecting data in person and on the phone
  • Entering data
  • Transcribing audio files
  • Coding audio/video/written data
  • Doing literature searches
  • Creating annotated bibliographies
  • Programming/preparing reports
  • Cleaning and analyzing data


Typical Time Commitment
Desired Length of Commitment


The Office of Undergraduate Research recommends that you attend an info session or advising before contacting faculty members or project contacts about research opportunities. We'll cover the steps to get involved, tips for contacting faculty, funding possibilities, and options for course credit. Once you have attended an Office of Undergraduate Research info session or spoken to an advisor, you can use the "Who to contact" details for this project to get in touch with the project leader and express your interest in getting involved.

Have you tried contacting professors and need more help? Schedule an appointment for additional support.